Part II: Become a Deep Listening Story Tracker
Learn How to Track a Story
When you know what to listen for and how to excavate the meaning held within a story, the words you speak become healing balm for the storyteller. It is a task of postpartum to gather and examine shattered and scattered beliefs and hopes. Without a trained birth story listener, people try to sort through feelings of uncertainty, blame, shame, and regrets by telling their story over and over to people who only half listen because they are traumatized themselves, over-identify with the storyteller’s feelings or beliefs, and thus, are unable to listen without judgement. This is where so many people get stuck in their story.
If just telling a birth story and passive listening worked, nobody would be trying to sort out what happened to them—and what it means about them—for years, even a lifetime.
Something more is needed. What is it?
A TEASPOON OF BIRTH STORY MEDICINE®
BIRTH STORY MEDICINE® promises a lasting change of heart rooted in self-acceptance. As a Birth Story Mentor, you hold the vision for your story-teller while they excavate memories and beliefs, then work together to construct a unique “medicine bridge” that will take them from feelings of failure and powerless toward understanding and self-compassion.
Learn a map to guide a storyteller from confusion to clarity, from judgment to compassion. With the Birth Story Medicine “map” and method, most people find significant resolution in an hour, or a couple sessions!
Take an inventory of what is required:
- Satisfactory completion of Birth Story Medicine Part I
- Dedicate a minimum of 30-minutes daily to: read and listen to the weekly lesson, and marinate in the multilayered philosophy and steps that construct the process
- Submit weekly homework on the Forum to receive valuable feedback from your facilitator
- Create a quiet space to actively participate in the four live consultation calls (e.g., arrange child care)
Your virtual classroom is your online Forum where your facilitator and peers meet to discuss questions, case studies, and insights, homework is uploaded and constructive feedback from your facilitator enriches all students’ learning.
Students love our lively live-90-minutes consultation calls each week on the Zoom video call platform! Your facilitator will demonstrate each steps and technique you will use during the birth story process; answer your questions; and teach through birth story case studies.
If you want to personally experience the birth story process, you can make a private appointment with any of the facilitators for an additional fee.
You will learn how:
- To be a birth story tracker and scan the terrain of a story
- To lead, pace, and contain a birth story
- To listen with five ears and how active, deep listening accelerates healing
- To follow the map for the first half of a session
- Birth stories progressively evolve; identifying the nine birth story Gates
- Lifelong conditioning informs a person’s narrative about birth
- To identify the internal conflict
- To offer empathic acknowledgment
- Beliefs, self-beliefs, and belief systems inform and maintain a story
Upon registration, you will receive a course outline, reading list, a link to online modules and an invitation to live calls.
Course Dates: Sep 10 – Oct 1st 2020
4:00 to 5:30 pm PST
Course Dates: October 7 to 28, 2020
Wednesdays, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm PST
Course Dates for Part II beginning in November
Nicole lives in Australia, so below you will find dates and times for Australia and USA
(USA) Sundays, November 1st-November 22nd 2020. 2.30-4pm PST
(Melbourne, Australia). Mondays, November 2nd-November 23rd 2020. 9:30 am to 11:00 am Melbourne Time
“If you want to go places you’ve never gone before, you have to do things you’ve never done before which requires perspectives you’ve never considered before. It requires Diversity….Radical change requires looking at things through different lenses…”
—Tru Pettigrew, Tru Access, March 30, 2013