Part III: The Medicine Bridge
Crossing to Compassion
Is a story-teller doomed to carry the negative feelings and self-beliefs about birth like a ball and chain for the rest of their lives, ultimately handing it down to the next generation? Or, is it possible, in an hour-long session for a story-teller to achieve a lasting change of heart about what happened, and about themselves?
It is — if you know how to build a Medicine Bridge!
A birth story-teller begins their session viewing what happened from a familiar perspective. It’s as though they can see what they long for or want to change across a great chasm. They wonder, “How do I get from here to there?” Contrary to urban myth, telling a story over and over in the same way may reinforce negative feelings and self-beliefs without narrowing the chasm between where they are and where they want to be. What they need is a Medicine Bridge!
In Part Three of Birth Story Medicine, you will learn how to build that Medicine Bridge with your client so by the end of the session, they are well on their way or have crossed to self-compassion.
Six Ways to Learn at Home for Five Weeks
Each week, you will:
- Gain access to the in-depth modules on our online platform
- Listen to pre-recorded lessons presented by facilitators
- Study segments of birth story sessions to hear what works and what doesn’t
- Receive constructive feedback on your homework on the Forum
- Participate in weekly live consultations with your facilitator and peers (on Zoom)
- Practice and record at least two birth story sessions with volunteer story-tellers; receive valuable constructive feedback from your tutor/facilitator.
Photo credit: Bridge in Vietnam by Hien Phung Thu.
Course Dates: August 20 to September 17, 2020
11:00 am to 12:30 pm PST with Danit Tsur Almog
Course Dates: Part III October, 2020
Nicole lives in Australia, so dates and times for USA and Australia below:
(USA) Sundays October 4 to November 1. 3:30 to 5:00 pm PST
(Australia, Melbourne). Monday, October 5 to November 2. 9:30 am to 11:00 Melbourne Time.
Tuesdays 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm PST
Course Dates: October 8- November 5th 2020
4:00 to 5:30 pm PST
“If you want to go places you’ve never gone before, you have to do things you’ve never done before which requires perspectives you’ve never considered before. It requires Diversity….Radical change requires looking at things through different lenses…”
—Tru Pettigrew, Tru Access, March 30, 2013