Birth Story School Winter Semester 2020
BECOME A SEASONED BIRTH STORY TRACKER
Thursdays, February 13 to April 16, 2020
1:30 to 3:30 pm PST
This Winter, come simmer in our juicy philosophy and continue developing the skills of birth story tracking, you'll love our upcoming Semester: "Become a Seasoned Tracker." Winter Semester 2020 is designed to embrace your unique aesthetic and creativity as a birth story mentor, as well as cultivate critical thinking and your voice of authority.
The Birth Story School offers affordable, convenient online training and professional development. Each Semester focuses on a particular aspect or specialty of the birth story process.
Seasoned Trackers is Tutored by Pam England, Danit Tsur Almog, and Nicole Tricarico
The course structure is composed of three modalities: Seminars, Experimental Workshops, and Tutorials. The spirit and respect between mentor and tutor transcends the student-teacher mindset as we begin to build a world-wide community.
1. Seminars: Ten weekly two-hour seminars (20 hours) 2. Experimental Workshops: Three one-hour experiential workshops, once every three weeks (3 hours)
3. Private Tutorials: Your Tutor will review your recording and meet you for a private tutorial (4 hours)
What happens in the Seminars?
There are three elements to the success of dynamic learning environment: (1) Your pre-seminar preparation, faithful attendance, and full-participation; (2) Each Seminar commences with a question from a Tutor, followed by a lively dialogue with birth story mentors and tutors with an emphasis on mastering the art of asking question; (3) You and your group will mull over a case study and bring your collective expertise and creativity together to imagine holistic strategies and possibilities for a new narration.
What happens in Experimental Workshops?
Anything. We will move away from teacher-demonstration and student-return demonstration, and following our instincts and deep aesthetic, try out all kinds of ways of mentoring.
A. Module One: On Dialogue and Mastering the Art of Questions
B. Module Two: Birth and Birth Story as a Heroic Journey
C. Module Three: Archetypes (one seminar)
D. Module Four: Feelings and Empathy (three seminars)
E. Module Five: Beliefs, Assumptions, Rules (two seminars)
F. Module Six: The Making of a Personal Myth (two seminars)
Who is Eligible to Attend?
Birth Story Listeners and Mentors who:
· Completed Part II of the online course
· Are committed to gaining a depth of understanding regarding empathy, feelings, and beliefs .
· Possess a love of learning for learning sake. There are no grades (colors) or self-evaluations.
· Are introspective and committed to knowing yourself.
· Strive to be a relativist, “an empty envelope” in search of truth; dedicated to exploring all possibilities of mind and solutions.
· Are free of ambition to share/impose personal ideology at The Birth Story School or when leading the process.
TUITION: (over 27 hours) $520
This course can be just for the love of learning, and as another step on your way to being certified as a Birth Story Mentor, and if you wish, to become a Birth Story Medicine Tutor.
Refund and Transfer Policy: If necessary, you can transfer to another Semester within one year with a $40 transfer fee. Cancellations in writing before the course begins, tuition will be refunded minus a $100 cancellation fee. Once the course begins, there are no refunds.
Register for Winter Semester
You will be receiving a welcome and confirmation letter, reading list, and everything you need for this love of learning about birth story process course.