Part III: The Medicine Bridge
Crossing to Compassion
Is a story-teller doomed to carry the negative feelings and self-beliefs about birth like a ball and chain for the rest of their lives, ultimately handing it down to the next generation? Or, is it possible, in an hour-long session for a story-teller to achieve a lasting change of heart about what happened, and about themselves?
It is — if you know how to build a Medicine Bridge!
A birth story-teller begins their session viewing what happened from a familiar perspective. It’s as though they can see what they long for or want to change across a great chasm. They wonder, “How do I get from here to there?” Contrary to urban myth, telling a story over and over in the same way may reinforce negative feelings and self-beliefs without narrowing the chasm between where they are and where they want to be. What they need is a Medicine Bridge!
In Part Three of Birth Story Medicine, you will learn how to build that Medicine Bridge with your client so by the end of the session, they are well on their way or have crossed to self-compassion.
Six Ways to Learn at Home for Six Weeks
Each week, you will:
- Gain access to the in-depth modules on our online platform
- Listen to pre-recorded lessons presented by facilitators
- Study segments of birth story sessions to hear what works and what doesn’t
- Receive constructive feedback on your homework on the Forum
- Participate in weekly live consultations with your facilitator and peers (on Zoom)
- Practice and record at least two birth story sessions with volunteer story-tellers; receive valuable constructive feedback from your tutor/facilitator.
Refund Policy: You can request a refund, up to 72 hours before the course has started, minus a $20 admin fee. There are no refunds: 1. After the course begins; 2. If you drop out of the course, or 3. If you are dropped from the course for failing to show up or complete assignments. Admin fee of $20 to transfer tuition to another BSM course, transfer option expires after 6 months. In the event Birth Story Medicine cancels or cannot reschedule a course or event, tuition will be refunded in full. *All participants are expected to be present on every call, be an active participant on calls and in the forum, and turn homework in on time. Failure to do so will result in not passing that part of the course.