"There is a sudden word that can make us throw our old baggage over our shoulder and hit the road in search of our true treasure."
“There is a sudden word that can make us throw our old baggage over our shoulder and hit the road in search of our true treasure.”
Stephen Levine, Becoming Kwan Yin
HIDDEN HEALINGS in OUR BIRTH STORIES
A Personal & Professional Retreat
PAM ENGLAND & DANIT TSUR ALMOG
JUNE 29 – JULY 2
sponsored by Birth Story Medicine, LLC
Duncan Conference Center
DEL RAY, FLORIDA
Everyone has been touched by a birth story. Birth stories influence what we believe, trust, and fear. Processing our birth stories should be an integral part of prenatal and postpartum care. During this uplifting three-and-a half day retreat you will experience several transformative birth story processes. Seeing is understanding: witness the discovery of hidden healings during live demonstrations.
You will also experience and learn:
- A heart meditation
- The power of healing in small groups with the Shell in the Labyrinth
- How to follow the “map” of the heroic journey while leading a birth story session
- Turn a story using mythopoetic inquiry
- How to lessen birth shock and trauma
- Learn from studies how processing birth stories influences birth outcomes
- Birth story in the body: Restoring health and harmony after a traumatic birth
- Microbiome, diet, and trauma recovery
- Dinner and storytelling on the beach
Share Our Vision:
A Birth Story Mentor in every community and hospital.
Register and pay in full by March 28, 2020 and save $125
All-inclusive fee includes 9 organic meals, lodging, and tuition
Single occupancy: $995 (8 rooms first come, first served);
Double occupancy (each registration): $935 (10 rooms with private bathrooms are available);
Commuter: $815 (includes nine organic meals and tuition)
If you can’t pay in full now, reserve your spot now with a non-refundable $150 deposit and pay the the balance in full by March 28 to take advantage of the early bird special.
When you internalize the Gifts of Birth Story Medicine it’s easy to give them to others. Embody the learning even more by scheduling an hour-long private Birth Story Medicine session with Pam or Danit: Add $100.
Registration after March 28, 2020 add $125
Meditation walk on the indoor, inlaid Labyrinth
Pool at the conference center, the Beach is just ten minutes away.
Airports and distance to Del Ray
- Palm Beach International Airport . 19 miles
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport . 33 miles
- Miami International Airport . 60 miles
**A Facebook group will help you make car pooling arrangements
What a treat to be fed delicious food! The onsite chef will prepare three healthy meals a day.
Birth Story Medicine Mentors-Facilitators
Pam England & Danit Tsur Almog
We are applying for Contact Hours for Midwives
(Monday) 4:00 pm - 4:00 pm